Hello everybody …
So, I mentioned that it’s Friday … that’s almost always a good thing. College football is off and running, the first ever Fed Ex Cup will be awarded on the PGA Tour this weekend (go Tiger go!), it is a beautiful autumn day in the state of Michigan, and I was blessed (again) to be in on another conference call with the next President of the United States – Mike Huckabee! Now, how often does a mom, living in the Middle of the Mitten, get that kind of access to someone who is going to be President? Well, if you’re a blogger for Huckabee, we get that kind of access every week or so … and you know what, that is incredible! That speaks so loudly about Mike Huckabee and who he thinks is important in this country … it’s us! The moms, the students, the factory workers, the bankers, the construction laborers, the farmers … all of us. He is for us, because he is one of us.
Mike Huckabee is working hard to become our next President, but he can’t do it alone … he needs each and every one of us to become his “boots on the ground” in our towns, our coffee groups, our play groups, our schools, our states. He can’t personally visit with every person in the country, but if you believe that six-degrees of separation theory, then each of us – the bloggers for Huckabee – should be able to reach just about everybody. It’s going to take a little effort and no whining … even my 5-year old tells people that this is a “no whine zone”.
So, I’m going to share some ideas … taken directly from the inspired writings of Dale Fitzpatrick of Massachusetts for Huckabee … I am making a safe assumption that Dale won’t mind a little pilfering in this case …
OK now, everybody repeat the following three words after me:
IMPROVISE, ADAPT, OVERCOME
I can’t hear you … let’s try again …
IMPROVISE, ADAPT, OVERCOME
That’s a little better.
- IMPROVISE -
- People want t-shirts and bumper stickers and yard signs to promote Huckabee. Those things are great and there are countless websites where you can order pre-designed items (such as CafePress) or many others where you can design your own. I used Uber Prints to make a T-shirt with the following design on it for my husband to wear (shameless promotion for my blog and Mike Huckabee!). The nice thing about Uber Prints is you can make one t-shirt or hundreds. You could also support local businesses in your town by letting them do your shirts and yard signs for you (no shipping costs and you’re helping your local economy).
- ADAPT -
- At the recent New Hampshire Debate, Dale had his own shirts made with a theme near and dear to him personally that said “Art & Music Lovers 4 Huckabee” and he stood, with his 12 year old daughter, outside the NH Republican Debate last week holding signs. They were interviewed by media and gained lots of exposure for Mike. It was an amazing display of support done by people willing to adapt and become Mike’s “boots on the ground”.
- OVERCOME -
- Mike Huckabee and his campaign staff are able to overcome and make better use of every dollar they take in than any other candidate out there. He’s running an amazingly frugal campaign and climbing steadily, while candidates who are wasting millions of dollars are treading water and/or going under for the third time. Mike Huckabee is exactly the man we want in office running this country … we need more politicians who know how to be fiscally responsible and still get the work done to make this country great.
- Everyday then, you need to help the campaign overcome the reality that we don’t have Romney’s, Clinton’s, or Giuliani’s money and probably never will. But as Mike reminded us today … Mitt is wrong in his assumption that all he needs to be President is a lot of money … it also takes message (with conviction and proven leadership to back it up), heart, and a true love for this country … and a true servant’s heart. That man is Mike Huckabee.
- Blog – Mike referred to us last week as his “truth squad”. We can more quickly squelch mis-information (lies) than any press release put out by the campaign office. He reminded us, that while he is not perfect, he has no terrible skeletons in the closet, so in this campaign, the TRUTH will not hurt us, it will only help us. How many politicians can say that? If you don’t want to have your own blog, then visit blogs that support and don’t support Mike Huckabee and tell them why you like Mike (please remember to be respectful … Mike is running a gentleman’s campaign, and we need to honor him by doing the same thing).
- Write letters – to newspapers (local, state, national … most of them have websites where you can just type in your letter and submit it … not even the cost of a stamp is needed). To your friends … whether you send them emails from Mike’s website or use snail mail, there are probably bunches of people who would love to hear from you and would be appreciative of hearing about why you like Mike.
- Tell the people you see each day or each week. Don’t be shy (shy people don’t win campaigns). Have some business cards printed up that say “I like Mike”, then put the link to his website on the card … they can be that basic or you can add specific reasons why you like Mike Huckabee for President.
- Pray … what better way to overcome all obstacles, then through prayer.
- Give money. As I said, nobody gets more use out of a dollar than Mike Huckabee does … so if you can only give $5.00, that will be wonderful. If you can give more, that’s great too.
If each of us “do something”, it will make Mike’s load a little lighter and we – the people of the United States of America – will carry Mike to the White House. Just remember along the way … this is a NO WHINE ZONE!
Make it an EXTRA GREAT DAY everybody!