Richard Land is at it again – we must answer!
The Brody File has a few posts that are urgent for all Huckabee supporters to read.
- Newt Gingrich and Mike Huckabee. Read it HERE.
- Fred Thompson not having a “lock” on the evangelical vote. HERE.
- Richard Land at odd with Dr. Dobson … Land defends Thompson. HERE.
I encourage you to read each of the above articles. For now, I am only going to address the third one. Richard Land (president of the Southern Baptist Convention’s Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission) has been doing everything he can to make sure that Mike Huckabee does not get the Republican nomination. He is also doing everything he can to make sure that he pays no attention to the voice of the people in his own denomination. Mr. Land is blinded by money, celebrity and power. Here are some recent quotes from Mr. Land:
Mr. Land might, on the other hand, vote for Mitt Romney. He says that evangelical voters may be able to get over their problems with a Mormon. “Charitably speaking,” Mr. Land says, “they would call [Mormonism] the fourth Abrahamic religion. When they’re less charitable, they would call it a cult.”
“we like Mike Huckabee a lot, but nobody thinks he can beat Hillary, and we don’t want another Clinton White House”.
“David, the problem with these cotton picking conviction politicians is that they follow their convictions … (he is making a strange inference here that Thompson is conviction-based … apparently he is not familiar with Fred’s lobbying work)
OneMom here … first of all, I am so “cotton picking” irritated right now, that I’m not even sure where to start, but I’ll give it a try. The following comments are what I would say to Mr. Land if he was standing here right now:
- I support Mike Huckabee … what you actually refer to as a “conviction politician”, so I guess that makes me a “cotton picking conviction voter”.
- You say it’s so hard to get a conviction politician to change their mind. Mike Huckabee may change his mind on what to have for lunch or what tie to wear for an upcoming speech, but the thing with CONVICTIONS Mr. Land is those are things that are non-negotiable … things in which we “cotton picking conviction based voters and politicians” refuse to compromise on … no matter what. That’s the difference between a person with convictions and a person easily swayed by whatever political wind is blowing or whoever is enticing them with a pretty, shiny bauble. Thompson is not a conviction politician.
- Regarding beating Hillary Clinton … there are bunches and bunches of us out here who firmly believe that Mike Huckabee is the ONLY conservative candidate (a TRUE conservative) that CAN beat Senator Clinton. To truly bring out the conservatives for this election, we must nominate someone who is nothing like Hillary, or they will see no need to vote at all. Mike Huckabee is the “anti-Hillary” and we think that is a really good thing and the only hope for our country.
- How much longer Mr. Land will you ignore the constantly growing list of supporters for Mike Huckabee … Values Voters Debate straw poll winner, Palmetto Family Council straw poll winner, a top favorite of the NRA, …. and the list goes on.
- Mr. Land, have you heard anything Newt Gingrich has said in the past two months about Mike Huckabee?
To my readers … I’m going to stop for now so I can get this posted. We must take action. We – the “cotton picking conviction voters” of America (and supporters of Mike Huckabee) must make sure we are heard by Mr. Land and by the media. I will post more on this later … I need to pray and think a bit. Until later, here is the contact information for Richard Land:
I implore you to write Mr. Land, and call into his weekly radio show on Saturdays at 888-FAITH 56 (888-324-8456). The show airs from Noon to 3pm ET. Check for stations HERE.
Stay strong everybody …