I had a couple of posts I had planned on doing today, and neither of them political, but when I saw this Obama campaign flyer being mailed to voters in Kentucky, I changed my plans. I’m going to list the things I find appalling about this mailing:
- “Faith. Hope. Change.” Re-writing the holy scriptures now Senator? Odd that the attribute he replaced with the word “change” is the attribute that is most important – LOVE. Without LOVE, faith and hope are worth nothing:
- If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing. (I Corinthians 13: 1-3)
- Mike Huckabee was torn apart by the media and other liberals for wishing us a “Merry Christmas” and for having a bookshelf in the background which some deemed to be a “floating cross”. Nothing “floating” about Obama’s “cross” … where are those who blasted Huckabee repeatedly for not “separating church and state”? Why aren’t they demanding Obama to apologize for putting out campaign material that is so obviously tied to a religion?
- What’s the chance that Obama will use this campaign flyer in California or New Hampshire? Flaunt the cross when it suits you Senator and then hide it when you don’t need it or when it would hurt you? That’s not Christianity or faith … that’s politics and playing a crowd to your benefit.
- Apparently, Senator Obama considers the Presidency his “calling” so that he can do “the Lord’s work”. If that includes the theology Obama learned under Rev. Wright for 20 years, we are in BIG trouble.
- I have trouble believing anyone who is truly saved by the blood of Christ and are His follower, could support abortion. Obama’s beliefs going even darker by fighting repeatedly against the Born Alive Infant Protection Act. If he thinks that Jesus would put an infant who was born alive during an abortion onto a shelf and let them die, then he has no idea what it means to be a Christian.
- I am disgusted by this flyer, and I am equally disgusted by the liberal media and other liberals for not crying “FOUL” and demanding separation of church and state. If Mike Huckabee had printed this type of campaign ad, liberals would have nailed him.