- Gas prices are still up, and Shell and Exxon are both reporting better than expected 3rd quarter profits! What a surprise.
- Of course high oil and gas prices are once again tied to speculation, leaving the consumer once again the pawn in this greedy game.
- The wind has subsided. Lots of trees and large limbs down, but we fared ok with just some minimal damage (loose siding and gutters blown off the house).
- The political ads in this campaign have been full of lies and half-truths from both sides. The ads are focused on making the other candidate look scary, with no one talking about solutions or ideas. I shudder to think what the 2012 Presidential race will bring by way of campaign ads. With the parade of Republicans to Iowa and New Hampshire already underway, I expect that candidacy announcements for 2012 will start in the next month or two.
- I am weary. I started my job in August 2009 to take care of my family, but it is a stressful job, and it is getting harder for me to not be home with Hannah everyday. Just putting one foot in front of the other right now. I would appreciate your prayers.
- Speaking of work, I better scoot.