Former Arkansas Governor, Mike Huckabee alerted the media yesterday that he will announce on Saturday, May 14th if he will run for President in 2012. The announcement will be made live during Huckabee’s weekly Fox News television show (8pm Eastern time). If you want to know more about why I support Governor Huckabee, please read My Visit with Mike Huckabee.
Personally, I want him to run, but I don’t think he will, not this time. Some reasons why I think this:
- President Obama may be difficult to beat, and strategically, it might be better for the Governor to wait until 2016 when there is no incumbent. It is a lot harder for candidates to gain traction when they have been two-time losers in previous runs.
- The media continues to minimize Huckabee. They refer to Romney has having come in second to McCain, when in reality it was Governor Huckabee.
- Speaking of Mitt Romney, the media has declared “it is his turn” (not sure why it’s his turn). If Romney doesn’t get the nomination (or wins the nomination and loses to Obama), he will have used up “his turn” and be out of the picture in 2016.
- Ron Paul will be 81 in 2016.
- Seriously, maybe Governor Huckabee is simply enjoying what he is currently doing: supporting conservative candidates at every level of government; hosting his Fox News show; his radio show “The Huckabee Report”; supporting the arts in public schools; and writing books.
- Whatever he decides, here in the OneMom household, we will always love “our Huckabee” (a phrase coined by my daughter after she met him in person).
Until tonight …