Good Morning OM – hope you are having a good week.
1. No, I’ve never had a speeding ticket. A warning once, but the officer was generous and let me off with a warning. This was in 1979 and I still remember the panic I felt when I walked up to my window. I had no idea that I was going 40 in a 25 mile zone in the country. yikes!
2. I enjoy flying very much. Growing up in Alaska, air travel is a necessity! I’m thankful that being on a plane is not a problem, since I live far from family and friends and once again, flying is something I do frequently.
3. Besides being a native English speaker, I speak a little German. I call it Tarzan German. “Me hungry” “need food” – that sort of thing. Grammar is over-rated – ha!
1. only 1 10 years ago
2. I do but I don’t do it much.
3. Only English
1. I think that “Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!” is the most appropriate response to this question. Ummm … no.
2. It’s okay, but I don’t think I’d like the process of getting to it at this point. I drop off students at the airport and watch the rigamarole of getting through security and think, “I’m glad that’s not me.” I haven’t flown since 2003 and don’t really miss it.
3. I’m sad to say, only English with any competence. I took four years of French in high school and two semesters of Spanish in college but don’t know either well anymore. I started to study American Sign and German at other times, but never really got anywhere with either.
Ken Leonard recently posted..Quote of the Day – 1/3/2012
OK, here are my answers:
1. One speeding ticket in South Carolina about 12 years ago. It pained me greatly because I am typically very careful and responsible.
2. I did not like to fly before 2001 and dread it even more since 9/11. Last time I flew was in 2010 when I had to travel to Houston for work.
3. English only. I took 3 semesters of Greek in college, and learned some sign language when working with my daughter and her severe language disorder.
Speeding tickets? I get them all the time. I take defensive driving about every other year due to speeding tickets. I try to use my cruise control now but I always seem to get caught when I forget to set it.
I used to like to fly but haven’t flown in a while. I have to admit that it does seem scary in this day and age.
I took 1 year of spanish and only remember a few words. I learned more by living down south and talking to the public than I learned in school. But I can’t make conversation.
You know what? I probably have gotten a speeding ticket in my life but I honestly don’t remember.
No, I hate flying. I used to love it but not anymore because that means I have to leave my hound behind.
Only English. My parents tried to give me French lessons but I just never caught on.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
10,592 Spam Comments Blocked so far by Spam Free Wordpress
HTML tags are not allowed.
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
© 2013 OneMom.
Theme author by Indaam
Proudly powered by WordPress ↑ top
WordPress Mobile Themes