- Our gas prices hit $4.05/gallon yesterday. Last week Governor Snyder declared an Energy Emergency for the Upper Peninsula because of a fuel line shut down in Wisconsin. The problem was repaired by the end of the week, but our fuel prices have gone up more than 50 cents a gallon since Monday.
- Hannah and I didn’t find any appealing pig books to continue our Summer of Swine, so we returned to a classic The World of Pooh: The Complete Winnie-the-Pooh and The House at Pooh Corner (Pooh Original Edition). (at least there is a Piglet in the stories!).
- About 7 weeks ago I signed up for FlexJobs after determining that the site has legitimate telecommuting/freelancing/consulting jobs. I’ve applied for 9 jobs so far, but no work yet. I did have a positive response this week to my most recent application – hopefully I’ll get an interview and an opportunity to start building a career from home.
- Speaking of working at home, my main purpose for needing to be home is to be able to be Hannah’s teacher and full-time mom again. Almost 3 years since we moved here and I went to work. Leaving her everyday is still hard for me. I am grateful to have a job, but it does come with a lot of sadness for me.
- This last homeschool year, Hannah was in 4th grade for all subjects except math (repeated 3rd grade math as that is her biggest challenge). This school year she will be in 5th grade for all subjects except math. One great thing about homeschooling is the opportunity to take extra time on difficult subjects without holding her back in those she excels in.
- The Switched-On Schoolhouse from Alpha Omega Publications continues to provide a fun and productive learning platform for our daughter. I have our 3rd grade curriculum listed on ebay (I will keep the 4th grade until next year after successful completion of 4th grade math and in case we need to go back and review any information she might need for 5th grade).
- I did not know that the trampoline was an Olympic sport.
- Last Sunday was the 2nd anniversary of when LuLu came to live with us. She’s a great cat and provides a lot of silly entertainment. The photo is the position she is in most of the time. She will walk in front of us and throw herself onto her back, waiting for the obligatory belly rub.
- August already. My birthday is this weekend and my husband’s is three weeks later. I am not dealing with the passage of time very well right now.